Enquire about Non-Verbal Reasoning (for Year 5)
Non-Verbal Reasoning (for Year 5)
We will run a Non-Verbal Reasoning course next year 2108. Dates not yet available.
Here is the information on the course that was run in 2017
Course dates 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th April 2017- 4 mornings from 9:30am to 12 noon
Non-Verbal Reasoning is the ability to solve problems without the requirement of language.
Skills include recognising ways in which shapes and diagrams can be manipulated by, for example, changing their size, direction and pattern, and using this to identify an ‘odd-one-out’ or predict the next pattern in a logical series.
As a limited number of schools require children to sit a Non-Verbal Reasoning exam, we do not include it in our regular scheme of learning. Instead, we offer a separate course in the Easter holidays.
- Familiarisation with types of NVR assessments.
- Strategies on several types of visual problem solving.
- Short practice exercises with instant feedback.
- Hints and Tips for exam technique.
- A final exam which will be marked and returned.
- Workbooks for the children to keep.
Cost of course £200.00 including resources.
Details for 2018 will be added soon.
A week’s notice of cancellation is required before we can offer a refund. A £20 charge (10%) will be levied before any refund is made