Year 6 (September 2018 to July 2019)
Year 6 Tuition
We have opened classes for Year 6 students to continue their preparation for Independent school exams in January 2019.
- Saturdays at 3pm and 4:30pm
- Mondays 5:45pm to 7:15pm
- Tuesdays 5:45pm to 7:15pm
Term starts Saturday 22nd September.
This course content is closely aligned to the skills and knowledge that will be assessed in January independent school exams and will include:
A focus on advanced topics: Working with numbers; combinations and permutations; Area and Volume; Interpreting data and probability. All in the form of multi-stage problem solving.
(1) Standard format comprehensions: Working with difficult passages of text. Learning techniques on how to write full answers to comprehensions and receiving feedback on homework.
(2) Compositions: Children will have teaching and feedback on how to improve their writing. We will be covering diary entries, descriptive writing, writing to persuade and continuations.
Expected weekly homework:
(1) Maths paper
(2) English comprehension OR piece of writing OR occasionally both